Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients6 small CrepiniⓇ Egg Wraps with (Gluten-Free Grains or Cauliflower)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
16 ounces flank steak or skirt steak, cut into bite-size pieces
¾ cup yellow onion, diced or sliced thin
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ teaspoons chili powder
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground ground black pepper
For Finishing2 ounces (½ cup) Cojita cheese, crumbled or shredded Pepper Jack cheese
¾ cup red or white onion, diced
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 lime, cut into wedges
- To a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Add steak and onions to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly for 4 minutes.
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the pan. Continue until the meat is cooked through and liquid has evaporated, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Wrap Crepinis in a paper towel that has been sprinkled with water. Warm for 10-20 seconds.
- Fill each Crepini with the carne asada mixture and top with cheese, onion, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.