Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
Ingredients12 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower, Gluten-Free Grains or Sweet Potato)
Vegetable oil, if frying
¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
8 ounces (1 cup) chocolate hummus, divided
Fresh berries or banana slices
- To a shallow dish add sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate hummus to the center of a Crepini. Tightly roll to create a churro-like shape. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat process with remaining Crepinis and hummus.
- Place churros in freezer until chilled, 10-15 minutes (Note: this step is helpful if you plan on deep frying the churros).
- Instructions if frying: To a large pot or deep skillet over medium high heat, add enough vegetable oil to reach 1 ½ inches. Heat to 360°F. Working one-at-a-time, drop a churro into the oil. Cook until light brown, about 10 seconds on each side. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove from oil and drop in cinnamon sugar. Turn to coat, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Instructions if air frying: Place churros in an air fryer set to 400°F. Bake until crispy and golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Remove from air fryer and brush with oil. Roll churros in cinnamon sugar and place on a plate.
- Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.