Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Ingredients4 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower, Sweet Potato or Gluten-Free Grains)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
¼ cup whole milk
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
8 thin slices French ham
4 ounces Gruyere cheese, sliced thin
- Preheat a panini press or griddle to medium heat.
- Prepare a béchamel sauce: to a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, and cook, whisking constantly until mixture thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in salt and nutmeg.
- Spread béchamel on the base of each Crepini.
- Top one Crepini with ham and cheese. Finish with other Crepini to create two sandwiches.
- Place hot sandwiches on a panini press and cook until browned and cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 205 Total Fat: 12.6g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 1,274mg Total Carbohydrates: 6g Protein: 14.5g
Tips and Tricks
You save over 75g of carbs and 200 calories per serving by substituting bread with Crepinis!