Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 tacos
Ingredients12 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower or Gluten-Free Grains)
16 ounces (about 2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup Teriyaki sauce
½ cup pineapple juice
3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed (or coconut sugar)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Pineapple Slaw1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
¾ cup pineapple, diced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons unsweetened Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons Sriracha
- Make the marinade: To an 8x8-inch baking dish, add Teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, sesame oil, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine, then add chicken breasts to marinade. Turn a few times to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour (ideally overnight).
- When almost ready to cook the chicken, make the pineapple slaw: To a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Toss to coat, taste, and adjust seasoning as needed. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready for assembly.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place breasts on the grill and cook until done, 8-10 minutes per side (an instant read thermometer should read 165
° F). Use a pastry brush to coat breasts with marinade as they cook.
- Remove from grill, let rest 5 minutes then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble tacos by filling each Crepini with some chicken and pineapple slaw. Serve warm.