Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7-9 minutes
Ingredients8 small CrepiniⓇ Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower or Gluten-Free Grains)
¼ cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
12 ounces lemon curd
For the Meringue4 large egg whites, room temperature
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- To a shallow dish add sugar and lemon zest. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Use a pastry brush to brush melted butter on both sides of each Crepini.
- Dip each side in the lemon sugar mixture.
- Lightly coat the back of a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Using the back of the muffin pan, lay each Crepini over a muffin cavity.
- Bake until Crepinis are golden and crispy, 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cook before assembly.
- Make the meringue: To a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the egg whites and cream of tartar. Turn to high speed and whip until glossy and soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Add the granulated sugar a tablespoon at a time, whipping between each addition until all sugar is incorporated. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Remove from stand and set aside.
- Fill each lemon Crepini cup with two heaping tablespoons lemon curd.
- Top each with meringue. Using a blowtorch, toast meringue until golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories: 180 Total Fat: 11.9g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 137mg Total Carbohydrates: 18.8g Protein: 4.4g
Tips and Tricks
You save over 41.2g of carbs and 260 calories per serving by substituting pie crust with Crepini cups!
Short on time? Use whipped cream instead of meringue and you have lemon cream pie cups!