Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Ingredients4 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower, Gluten-Free Grains, or Sweet Potato)
1 large ripe pear (Anjou, Bartlett, or Bosc), peeled, cored, and diced
1 tablespoon granulated sugar (or sugar replacement)
½ teaspoon lemon zest
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ cup whipped cream (optional)
2 teaspoons honey (optional)
2 teaspoons pistachios, chopped (optional)
- To a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, add the diced pear, ¼ cup water, sugar (or sugar replacement), lemon zest, salt, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until pears soften and become the consistency of a thick jam, 25-30 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let cool. (Note: if pears don't break down, once cooked, you can transfer the mixture to a mini food processor and process until smooth).
- Lay 1 Crepini on a flat plate.
- Spread the pear reduction on the Crepini in a vertical line closer to one side of the circle.
- Roll up the Crepini into a cannoli shape. Repeat process with remaining Crepinis and filling.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with a coffee or tea as an afternoon treat.