Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For the Flatbread:
8-12 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, or Gluten-Free Grains)
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups cooked chickpeas
3 tablespoons lemon juice
¾ cup red onion, minced
¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
⅓ cup celery, minced
1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 ½ cups bibb lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, optional
For the Quick Smoked Almonds
2 ½ teaspoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon soy sauce, tamari, or liquid aminos
1 teaspoon maple syrup or another liquid sweetener
½ teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¾ cup raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the quick smoked almonds: To a medium mixing bowl add the liquid smoke, soy sauce, maple syrup, and olive oil. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- To a small mixing bowl add nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Add almonds to the liquid bowl, and stir that together to make sure all the almonds are covered.
- Scoop out the almonds; add them to the bowl with all the dry seasonings, and stir around until they are covered.
- Spread almonds in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in oven and let cook 10 minutes. Stir almonds and place back in the oven until roasted, about 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To a medium mixing bowl add chickpeas, avocado, and lemon juice. Use a fork to mash everything together (some chunks are fine).
- Stir in the onion, tomatoes, dill, celery, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Once the almonds have cooled, roughly chop them and add them to the bowl.
- To a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Working with one Crepini at a time, place in pan and warm for a few seconds on each side, until crisp, golden brown. Repeat process with remaining Crepinis, adding more oil as needed.
- Lay 1-2 lettuce leaves over each toasted Crepini. Spoon some chickpea mixture over the lettuce. Top with dijon mustard, if desired. Roll or fold the wraps, or eat them like a flatbread.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't have time to make your own smoked almonds? Buy some from the store, or replace them with toasted almonds!