Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the pepper filling
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red or green bell pepper, sliced thin
½ small yellow onion, sliced thin
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the avocado salsa
1 Roma tomato, diced
½ avocado, diced
½ lime, juiced
½ jalapeño pepper, seeded & minced
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
4 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with Gluten-Free Grains
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Make the avocado salsa: Add all ingredients to a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook the pepper filling: Warm oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan placed on a stove set to medium heat.
- Add sliced pepper, onion, cumin, salt, and pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly until onions and peppers are translucent, 7-9 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Place the pan back on the stove set to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add a Crepini® Egg Wrap to the pan and warm for 15 seconds.
- Flip the Crepini over. Scatter 2 tablespoons cheese over the Crepini and cook until the cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer Crepini to a plate (or taco stand) and top with cooked pepper and onion mixture, followed by the avocado salsa and any other toppings you want.
- Repeat the process with the remaining Crepinis and ingredients. Serve warm.
Tips and Tricks
Short on time? Make a quick avocado salsa!
In a small mixing bowl combine ½ cup pico de gallo and ½ avocado, diced. Stir to combine. Enjoy!