Prep Time: 20 minutes
10-12 small CrepiniⓇ Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower or Gluten-Free Grains)
For the Basil Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 large basil leaves
2 tablespoons granulated sugar or coconut sugar
12 ounces strawberries, sliced thin
¾ cup strawberry preserves
Fresh strawberries, for garnish
Basil leaves, for garnish
- Make the basil whipped cream: Add basil and sugar to the bowl of a mini food processor. Pulse until the basil and sugar are completely ground together.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, add whipping cream and basil sugar.
- Turn to medium-low speed and mix until cream begins to thicken, then increase to high and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble the cake: Place a Crepini on a plate or platter. Add a very thin layer of strawberry preserves. Place a Crepini on top. Top with ⅓ cup basil whipped cream and smooth to an even layer. Top cream with a layer of sliced strawberries. Finish with another Crepini.
- Repeat layering process, unison all ingredients and finish the top with the basil whipped cream.
- Garnish the top of the cake with strawberries, and basil leaves.
- Slice and serve immediately.