Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
10 small CrepiniⓇ Egg Wraps with (Gluten-Free Grains or Cauliflower)
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
1 ounce (¼ cup) mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 ounce (¼ cup) whole milk Ricotta cheese
½ cup powdered sugar, or sugar alternative
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
For FinishingCocoa powder
- To a small mixing bowl, combine espresso powder with 1 tablespoon water. Whisk until dissolved.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add espresso, whipping cream, mascarpone, ricotta, and vanilla. Turn to medium speed and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Place in the refrigerator until ready for assembly.
- To a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add a Crepini to the pan and let warm 10-15 seconds per side. Repeat process with remaining Crepinis.
- Spread ¼ cup of mascarpone cream over the base of each Crepini, then fold into quarters.
- Arrange on a platter and dust tops with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.