Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
Ingredients5 large Crepini
8 large eggs
2 ounces (
1 ounce (
¼ cup whole milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
16 ounces breakfast sausage
1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400
°F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk,
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, feta cheese, garlic, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- To a 12-inch nonstick pan over medium heat, add the sausage.
- Cook the sausage, breaking it up into pieces as it cooks, 6-8 minutes.
- Add bell pepper to pan. Cook until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir cooked sausage pepper mixture into the egg mixture. Set aside.
- Line the base of the prepared pan with 4 Crepinis, overlapping them to create an even base. (Note: some of the Crepini should hang over the edge of the pan).
- Fill pan with egg mixture.
- Top with another Crepini. Fold over the edges of the Crepinis to seal the frittata.
- Top with remaining
¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven and bake 30-35 minutes, or until the frittata is solid, cheese has browned, and the surface has puffed a bit.
- Slice and serve. Note: the frittata will release some liquid when cut. That's ok!