Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
12 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower or Gluten-Free Grains)
6 large egg yolks
¼ cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
1½ cups whole milk
For Topping, optionalWhipped Cream
Diced fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place a Crepini into the center of each muffin cavity.
- To a medium mixing bowl add yolks, sugar, and nutmeg. Whisk until very smooth. Set aside.
- Place milk in a saucepan placed over medium heat. Bring to just a simmer.
- While whisking, slowly stream warmed milk into the eggs. Whisk until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a container with a spout.
- Fill each Crepini halfway full, dividing the custard evenly between each Crepini.
- Place in the oven and bake until custard has set, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes in the pan. Use a knife to gently remove the tarts from the pan.
- Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream and fruit, if desired.