Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
6 small Crepini® Egg Wraps with (Cauliflower or Gluten-Free Grains)
Coconut oil spray, as needed
½ cup sugar, or sugar alternative
For the Poached Pears
3 cups dry red wine
¾ cup orange juice
½ cup granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean, halved lenghtwise
1 cinnamon stick
8 whole cloves
1 large strip of orange peel
3 small Bosc Pears
For Finishing6 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese, whipped & divided
¼ cup roasted pistachios, chopped & divided
2 ounces shaved semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the back of one 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a shallow dish add sugar or sugar alternative. Spray coconut oil on both sides of each Crepini. Dip each side in the sugar.
- Lay each Crepini over the top of a muffin cavity, pressing it a bit to adhere to the shape of the muffin tin.
- Bake until Crepinis are golden and crispy, 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven, take off the muffin tins, and let cool before assembly.
- To a medium pot (make sure it can hold the liquid and the pears submerged in their sides) over medium-high heat, add all ingredients for the poached pears except for the pears.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- While the mixture is coming to a boil, peel the pears (if you peel them too early, they will discolor). Place pears into the poaching liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, occasionally gently stirring the pears until fork tender.
- Remove pot from heat and let pears cool completely in poaching liquid in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, remove pears from liquid and cut in half.
- Place a pear half in each Crepini cup and top with whipped mascarpone cheese, pistachios, and chocolate shavings, dividing the toppings evenly. Serve immediately.